Monday, October 20, 2014

Grand Ole Opry

I has such an exciting weekend. My parents and sister came up to visit to see our new place and I got to take them backstage at the Grand Ole Opry. 

We go to see a spectacular line up with a surprise appearance from Little Jimmy Dickens. 
My dad was most excited to see him. They talked about Ralph Stanley since we are distant cousins.  They also had a very serious conversation from the looks of this picture..

Little Jimmy Dickens was nice enough to pose with the family after preforming. 
I also took them around to the front of the Opry so they can hear the sound and see the stage and well as gift shop. We had to carry around these passes. 

Mac Powell was so nice! He is from Clanton, AL close to where I grew up. He formed the Christian rock group Third Day. He just released his country album in 2012. 

Of course I was STOKED to see Charles Esten. I have wanted to meet him since the first episode of Nashville. He has also has appeared a lot on Whose Line is it Anyway. He was really cool and chatted for a minute after the photos. 
My mom was so happy to see Bill Anderson. She was not leaving until she got to meet him. He told her she was a colorful girl. 

Got to slip in Charles Esten's dressing room for a minute with my mom. 
I am so thankful and blessed to be able to take my family to do things like this. Not many get the to share the opportunities that I get to. THANK YOU!!!!

1 comment: