Monday, October 6, 2014

Macaroni and Cheese Festival, Damon Johnson, and Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis

Saturday was the Macaroni and Cheese festival at Gaylord Opryland. Since this is my all time guilty pleasure I was not missing it. As with just about every festival there were great discount codes available so tickets were only $29. Unfortunately the Mac and Cheese was not worth it. The lines were long and the food was cold. Needless to say i did not vote on one being the best. I did have one that has very interesting called a Cuban mac that had pork rinds on top. Luckily the free beer, wine, and liquor tastings were better. It made me feel a little better about the cost. Turtle Anarchy from Franklin, TN was there serving up great porter and wheat beers. 
What really made the day worth the money was Damon Johnson Performing. I have seen him many times being a Auburn gal. He plays at a lot of places in Auburn including my fav the War Eagle Supper Club. He is best known for his work with the hard rock band Brother Cane, and as a guitarist for Alice CooperThin Lizzy, and Black Star Riders. He was also the lead guitarist and co-vocalist for country music group Whiskey Falls. I met him for the first time when he was playing with Whiskey Falls at the Sticks Country Music festival. They were such a great group of talented guys. 
So of course when he was done playing I ran straight backstage and had to have a picture and exchange a big War Eagle. 


Last night was super exciting. I got to see one of my other all time favorite performers at the Nashville Symphony, Mr. Wynton Marsalis. I became a fan after I got the Two Men with the Blues CD. It is a must listen. http://www.amazon.com/Two-Men-With-The-Blues/dp/B0016NF06O

If have never been to the Nashville Symphony. It is a must. They have music for everyone. Even last night there was a little boy about 9 sitting in front of me and an 80 year old across from me both having a great time. They even have $10 tickets for students to some shows. 

All in all a very successful and cultured weekend!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment